I love making little treat boxes to give to my kid’s teachers, work friends and neighbors. I think there is something so much more personal in a small hand made gift.
The original idea (that I obviously copied) came from Karina’s Kreations.
Isn’t it cute!
I just love punch art and that is exactly how the Santa head comes together. Punch Art is using several different punched shapes to create a completely different shape, like a Santa Head.
Punches that I used:
- Extra Large Oval (hat, hat rim, face)
- Large Oval (hat)
- 1/2″ Circle Punch (nose)
- Ornament Punch (beard)
- Bird Builder (mustache)
- Boho Blossom (hat tassel)
- Glue white hat trim to the top of the face oval
- Glue ornament to chin of face for beard
- Glue 2 bird wings at top of beard to create muchstache
- With a dimensional or raised glue dot, adhere nose to center of mustach
- Glue 2 googly eyes to face
- Glue smaller oval to back of larger oval and add Glitter shape as a pom pom. Glue to back of Santa head
And there you have SANTA!
For the cone box I used Sizzix Bigz L Petal Cone Die and cut out 2 to make one box. Fold along the score lines and added glue on the tabs. When you put the box together this is what it looks like.
For the stamp on the front I stamped the image on white card stock and then used a Scallop Square punch to cut out of the shape.
When you put all of the pieces together you have a cute Santa Treat Box!
I needed 17 boxes so I made a whole army of Santa’s
I do love how they turned out, and I hope all of my friends enjoy them too!
© COPYRIGHT 2012 The Crafty Blog Stalker. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.